Thursday, March 09, 2006

I can finally stop all the obsessing

For those of you that are wondering why I'm buying this car, here they are.
1. I can't drive stick well, and frankly I can't honestly consider myself a car guy unless I can drive stick (well).
2. I've been slowly building up my car repair skillz, and there's no better way to learn that than to fix a beater yourself.
3. My Front wheel drive six is great, but being front wheel drive has a bit of an understeer problem.
4. In order to fix #3 I'd have to start messing with the 6, and frankly I can't afford having a broken car at this point in my life. Additionally it's still well within warranty, and frankly I'd prefer not to void that before I have to.
5. For the sheer fun of it. I rarely do anything that is completely dumb. I'm young, I'd be kicking myself for years to come if I didn't jump at this opportunity. My dad did this when he was young, now it's my turn.

That's enough of me talking myself into purchasing the car (mostly necessary because of #5).

Dave.

Here's the original posting

And here's the pictures ganked from that posting for posterity's sake.





3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Chad said...

What is it with Miatas? Is there something in the water around here?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Yes, why a Miata?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Why a miata.

1. Cheap. It's a third the price of an S2000
2. Rear wheel drive
3. Super charge it and you get 220 hp and a relatively flat 180 lb/ft torque dynoed at the wheels.
4. I wanted a go-cart, but that really doesn't fit two.
5. Cloth top.
6. Lots of aftermarket for the car. If anything goes it will be relatively cheap, to find a new or used replacement.
7. I have lots of friends that have Miata's and I can pull from all of their experience.
8. Oh yeah and it's 2300 lbs. So do the power/weight ratios and then get back to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home