Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My right to vote

So apparently since I have not yet registered in my district I can not vote in this election. I was registered at my previous residence, but I hadn't yet gotten around to updating my voter registration for my new house. I understand that I didn't play by the system, but to be honest with you the system sucks. It takes 30 days for them to update my address in their voter registrar. That's absoultely absurd. There's an voter registration verification and address update page available here, but it won't let me update my infortion in spite of the fact that I do indeed have all my correct information.

No wonder young people don't vote. We move too often, and then are prevented from voting because we haven't properly registered within the required window. Unfortunately for me I didn't even know there was an election going on till last week. At that point even if I wanted to change my registration, I couldn't because of how slow their system is.

I even brought my reciept to the voting place, and they still won't let me vote. I seem to remember that all it took was two pieces of mail to verify that you were indeed a resident of where you say you are. Is that only in presidential elections. Were my voting officials crazy?

No Taxation without representation. I paid my property taxes dammit (very large taxes at that). let me vote.

GaAAhHHHh!

You had better let me vote in the March 7th Primary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home