Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Geo Cacheing with a twist

SkySite

The premise is simple. This SkySite uses balloon based electronics to provide cell service to poorly populated areas. They give you the GPS coordinates. You find the satellite, and once you return it to them they give you $60. Sounds like a good time. You get to drive out into the country, then go for what's probably a nice long hike, and then get paid for doing it.

Texas areas

I'm eyeing those two, NW of Austin. Anyone want to join me for a hike this weekend?

Dave.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went geocaching a few times... It was fun... Then I decided to return my GPS because it was too expensive of a toy and I felt I wasn't using it enough...

I miss it. Maybe I should be a consumer whore and buy another one...

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I totally already commented on this post! I thought I had heard of this thing before...

Anyway, I'm totally signing up. I got a GPS, I got my paperwork (they require you to be an "independant contractor" for them). I'm gonna mail it back and next time I go on a road trip, I'll check the map to see if there are any SOGs on the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home