Monday, February 13, 2006

Elections politics and Voting

I ever so barely fall in the 48th district, and there's an election tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm finding it to be a very hard time discovering what exactly each of the candidates support.

So here are their home pages which I could only came across through much discomfort.
http://www.votedonna.com/Issue_Links.asp
http://www.benbentzin.com/

Looks like the Major divisional issue is Transportation and Education Finance. Apparently our local government has something called Robin Hood legislation. Basically the rich school districts give to the poorer school districts. Ben is against Robin Hood, and Donna is for it.

Also on transportation Donna doesn't know what she believes and will trust a commitee while Ben wants to legislate the crap out of it and give the voters the choice to change things. Of course you know that if we give Austin voters the choice they will always vote against new construction, and at this point I think that's a very bad idea.

So I don't know who I'm going to vote for. Ah the joys of being less partisan than most.

Edit:
I just realized I have never voted in a state election until what will probably be tomorrow. I have never felt as if I had the right to vote in an election in an area where I may or may not live in a few years (like college or my first few years here). Now I haev a home, and ever since I had to hand over that large chuch of change known as property taxes, I have become downright interested. It's amazing what having to write a check will do to a person.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Check out the league of women voters Austin chapter for some more info on the elections.

http://www.leaguewv.austin.tx.us/votersguide/vgjan2006.pdf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home