Saturday, March 04, 2006

It's electric

So I finally got around to installing an outlet next to my vanity. I first attempted with my original spade bit, and apparently it was a bit dull. Then my Ryobi drill got an attitude and needed a time out, and a recharged battery. So after a trip to Home depot, four separate excursions into the attic, a lost screw bit, and a total time of 2 hours on my stomach in a space where I had about 3 feet headroom (1 ft nearer where I needed to drill) the deed has been done. In the end, it works, and so far nothing is burning. Both are very good signs.

Edit: My elbows are itching something fierce, and I was wearing a long-sleeved shirt.



So here's a recap of my list from January.
1. Reorganize/clean out the garage. The people who had the house before me left me a lot of stuff. Some of it good. Some of it hideous.
2. Install an outlet for the master vanity
3. Replace the Fan in the master bed
4. Replace the exhaust fan in the master bath (possibly both baths).
I will probably just let whoever I get to add insulation do this.
5. Possibly install recessed lighting into the Living room
Unnecessary, and I can't decide how i would place the can lights.
6. Possibly wire the opposite wall in the living room so that the room can be reversed. (preferably before the additional insulation)
I like the wall that it's on.
7. Possibly add a radiant barrier to the roof to help with the summer heat.
I'll let the insulation installers do this (maybe)
8. Re-insulate/seal the ducts
Insulation guys
9. Replace roof turbines.
These look like they'll get replaced when I replace the roof, but by then I'll probably just put in a ridge vent.
10. Install additional insulation in the attic.
I'm tired, praise God I got a refund this year.

So there you have it.

Oh and for your veiwing pleasure, I call it, "underpaid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home