Friday, March 31, 2006

The shift key is broken

so a few days ago on a whim, i decided to take out a personals ad on craigslist. lets just say it seems that 50% of the worlds shift, apostraphe, and return keys are broken. when did it become the fad to write without using the shift key? i understand forgetting the shift key when you are iming with someone, but in a blind e-mail what were you thinking? i think capitol letters serve a very important purpose. they give a break between sentences. they allow the eye and mind to reset and focus on the new sentence. now im not the best when it comes to grammar, but i like to think im not bad. i wont criticize you for missing a comma here or there, but not using capitol letters in a blind email is just downright dumb. now wasnt this post difficult to read? as for my responses, i think i may have met a cool girl, but thats probably jumping the gun.

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Chad said...

Agreed. I'm not asking people to be perfect, but come on. Make an effort. Most of the rules we have are there for good reasons. Know them. Use them. Then break them if you have a really good reason.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Amy said...

"Too busy singing along with the piano player?" I love it. If I was looking that's the kind of ad I'd probably answer. Well done.

I agree about the frustrating lack of apostrophes and capital letters. My guess is it is caused by laziness, which makes the trend even more exasperating.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AGREE! IF ANYTHING, PEOPLE SHOULD USE MORE CAPITAL LETTERS! THEY ARE BIG AND SQUARE AND EASY TO READ! I PICK UP LOTS OF HOT GRANDMA'S BECAUSE OF MY USE OF ALL CAPITALS! ALSO, YOU MUST LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST, SO WHEN YOU WRITE, YOU SHOULDN'T BOTHER ENDING YOUR SENTENCES WITH MERE PERIODS!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAP! I JUST USED "'S" TO PLURALIZE GRANDMAS! I'M A FRIGGIN' IDIOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home