Sunday, March 26, 2006

Matt you rock.

This past week has pretty much been a week from hell. I worked 10 hours Wednesday, 12 on thursday, 16 on Friday, spent a few hours there yesterday, and I still had to stop in today. It's had me all tense and worked up. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to change the situation. I really wish I could say more, but I can't (darn those confidentiality agreements). I can't remember the last time I had to tell someone, "I'm sorry, but I just can't do that". This time I've had to explain that to my second line manager, who will probably have to explain that to my fourth line manager. Needless to say it has had me pretty worked up.

Today over lunch, I asked some friends for ways to relieve tension. Matt suggested I take a drive out on Lime creek road. So after putting a few quarts of oil into the Miata and picking up my friend Ali that's exactly what we did. Driving that road was exactly what I needed. Focussing on the pavement and trying not to die has a miraculous way of taking my mind off of the things I have no control over. I found myself smiling for perhaps the first time all week. It was definitely what the doctor ordered.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Chad said...

I remember Jerry and I taking the vette for spin out on that road on a nice spring day. That road does indeed rock. Good times.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've heard of it. I'll have to take my craptastic Civic out there to see what all the fuss is about.

Just Google Mapped it. Wow! Looks awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home