Monday, May 22, 2006

And then there was one.

Well for the greater part of the weekend I've been complaining about the two bolts at the back of the power plant frame. I need to get them off to free the transmission. I had been dowsing them with Liquid wrench for the greater part of the weekend, but it wasn't until today that I made any progress. Under the careful eye of my roommate (with fire extinguisher in hand) I took a propane torch to both bolts. Then I used a two foot breaker bar with a 3 lb sledge to get the reamer bolt freed. I plan to take the propane torch to the remaining bolt again in the morning. Then I'll soak it in liquid wrench. I've already gone through a full can. Hopefully by the time I get home Monday, it can be loosened. So if all goes as planned, and I can actually get the bolt out, I'll hopefully be able to pull the engine tomorrow.

This is one of the problematic bolts I've been complaining so much about. As you can see 8" long and quite corroded with rust. There is still one more bolt remaining that is very similar to it.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, it looks like you're showing off a fish you just caught or something. With the picture of the next bolt, I wanna see a ruler, the bolt, and a fish of equivalent size next to the bolt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home