Friday, October 21, 2005

I suck at dance competitions.

I knew going into that yesterday that I was not going to do well. I came in last and third from last. I got nervous. I don't dance well when I'm nervous.

Outside of the occassional freak out-of-towners, I have not been able to connect with this towns follows. I do lots of cool things, but I haven't figured out how to get them to compliment it. Lots of time girls just stand there. When the ladies are spinning I'm almost always doing something interesting. Sure it's not super flashy, but at least I'm still dancing. Some follows in this scene just stop dancing. Additionally I don't know any cool moves any more. I do lots of things because those are the only things I know how to do any more. I'm really struggling to find moves that make the follow look awesome. It's not like I'm not trying, it's just I haven't figured it out yet.

I need to learn how to lead the follow to compliment what my body wants to do. I don't want to dancerbate, I just haven't figured out how to help out the girl yet. The problem is that oftentimes I don't know what I want to do until I'm doing it.

People are going to lindy bomb sixth street tonight. I know I'll have more fun doing that. Hopefully someday I will be comfortable enough competing that I can have fun doing that as well.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The term "dancerbate" is just wrong . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home