Thursday, October 12, 2006

The gauntlet has been thrown.

In a fit of frustration I wrote a long (1000 word) e-mail to a few of the managers in my department regarding our Corporate Security policy and the mis-interpretation of said policy by the people put in charge to enforce it. I whole-heartedly agree with our security policy. Unfortunately, the people who enforce it don't understand it, nor do they understand the systems that it was put in place to secure. As a result I have been required to do a large amount of needless, unproductive work.

So the gauntlet has been thrown. I waded through our security policy to discover that the "power's that be" have indeed been misrepresenting it. I quoted the policy line for line, and argued why things don't apply. And if I may say so myself, I was pretty damned convincing.

The whole thing regarding our security policies has been one of the major reasons I've been frustrated with my job. Hopefully now that I have educated myself and those around me as to the letter and spirit of the law rather than the misinterpretation I can get back to enjoying my job.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it works. And if you can get your managers to pay attention, maybe you can teach me how to do the same with mine. We have so many broken systems around here, and yet so far my efforts for change have gone unnoticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home