Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Almost on a roll.

So yesterday, I put in the transmission fluid, the differential fluid (this came out as a thick black sludge), and the coolant. I also got a chance to put in the Center console. Unfortunately as I was filling up the coolant I noticed a leak from the front thermostat. Apparently it had slipped a bit when being installed (I know who you are!). Not a big deal. However fixing the thermostat required me to remove the intake crossover tube. So while it was off I decided to shine it up. Man what a difference. Take the lemons and make lemonade.

That's pretty much all I got done yesterday because I had a V-ball game at 9. During which I threw out my back. Basically I went up for a spike and land bad on the way back down. I felt a sharp shooting pain in my lower back, and now I can't stand up straight or lie flat. I didn't sleep much at all last night as a result. Sort of sucks, I'm so close to finishing the car, but most everything I have left to do is under the car. Now with my back the way it is, I don't know how much longer it's going to take to finish up these last few things.

The list of things is down to this.
Engine Oil + startup primer
Put on Hood
Put on Exhaust
Replace Fuel Filter
Drill out suspension bolt.
Install Replace Suspension brace.

I honestly half expected that I'd get the car apart, and never put it back together. Now that it's back together, I almost don't want to start it. I keep finding new things that I want to do to it. I don't want to start it, just to discover that I did something wrong. The way it is right now, I know it will start, but if I try I may discover that it's won't. Another part of me just wants to keep working on it, and never drive it.

Oh what the hell, I'll probably finish it up tonight (back and all), and be out on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home