Thursday, November 01, 2012

How to get the fusionhdtv 5 to work with myhtv

I have been having issues getting my fusionhdtv card to work with mythbuntu.  Specifically the audio has not functioned on analog ntsc recordings or live tv.  Here is what I did to get my tuner card to work.

In the mythtv-setup, under capture cards -> add a new card.

Select your fusionhdtv video card for the video device and vbi device.

The only option mythtv gives you is ALSA:default or none.  Now for the audio device I had to manually type in ALSA:hw:1,0 which was not a default option of mythtv.  I discovered the 1,0 by running arecord -l which on my machine yielded something like this.

chiluk@bonus:/mnt/sdc2/lib/firmware$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 0: Intel ICH [NVidia CK804]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: CK804 [NVidia CK804], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC ADC [NVidia CK804 - MIC ADC]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: CX8811 [Conexant CX8811], device 0: CX88 Digital [CX88 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0


As you can see my tuner card has a conexant audio chip on it at card 1 subdevice 0. Hence the 1,0.


I also had to force the sampling rate to be 48000 and the checkbox next to do not adjust volume.

Hopefully this helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home